Post Secondary Support

The court can order the parents to support the child in obtaining college education or vocational training. There is no formula for the amount of each parent’s contribution but there are some general guidelines, such as the child enrolling in an accredited school, being in good standing, making available academic records, and not extending support past age 23. Often support is limited to the cost of in-state tuition at Washington State University or the University of Washington, but support can be ordered at private schools in some situations.